EP21LV Product Description
Versatile Two Component, Low Viscosity Epoxy System For High Performance Bonding, Sealing, Coating, Encapsulation and Casting.
Conforms to FDA Chapter 1, Section 175.105 for Indirect Food Applications.
Master Bond Polymer System EP21LV is a two component, low viscosity epoxy resin system for high performance bonding, sealing, coating, encapsulation and casting. It is formulated to cure readily at room temperature or more quickly at elevated temperatures. It has a very forgiving one to one mix ratio by weight or volume. In fact, EP21LV has the unusual characteristic of being able to adjust the properties of the cured system by altering the mix ratio. Adding more of Part A (e.g. a two to one mix ratio) gives a more rigid cure (for enhanced machinability), while adding more of Part B (e.g. a one to two mix ratio) gives a more forgiving cure (for greater impact resistance). EP21LV produces high strength, durable bonds which hold up well to thermal cycling and resists many chemicals including water, oils, fuels, acids, bases and salts. It is serviceable over the wide temperature range of -65°F to +250°F. It bonds well to a variety of substrates including metals, glass, ceramics, wood, rubbers and many plastics. Once cured, EP21LV is an outstanding electrical insulator. This, coupled with its low viscosity, makes it an excellent encapsulating and potting epoxy. It meets FDA requirements for indirect food contact. EP21LV contains no solvents or diluents. While the standard color of the cured material is amber-clear, a wide variety of additional color choices are also available.
- Convenient mixing: non-critical one to one mix ratio by weight or volume.
- Variable mix ratio feature allows user to adjust the type of cure.
- Easy application: only contact pressure required while curing; adhesive spreads readily.
- Ambient temperature cures or fast elevated temperature cures as required.
- High bonding strength to a wide variety of substrates.
- Superior physical strength properties.
- Good electrical insulation properties; ideal for potting and encapsulation.
- Fully meets FDA requirements for indirect food related applications.