EP21ND Product Description
Two Component, Room Temperature Curing Epoxy for High Performance Bonding, Sealing and Coating with Outstanding Physical Properties, Easy Handling and Non-Drip Feature. Meets Title 21, U.S. Code of Federal Regulations, FDA Chapter 1, Section 175.105 for Food Applications.
Master Bond EP21ND is a two component, room temperature curing epoxy adhesive featuring outstanding physical properties, easy processing and a non-drip, paste-like consistency. This system has a non-critical one to one mix ratio by weight or volume. EP21ND has the unusual characteristic of being able to adjust the properties of the cured system by altering the mix ratio. Adding more of Part A (e.g. 2:1 mix ratio) will give a more rigid cure, while adding more of Part B (e.g. 1:2 mix ratio) gives a more forgiving cure. EP21ND produces high strength, durable bonds which hold up well to thermal cycling and resist many chemicals including water, oils, fuels, acids, bases and salts. It bonds well to a variety of substrates including metals, glass, ceramics and many types of rubbers and plastics. Once cured, EP21ND is an excellent electrical insulator. It is serviceable over the wide temperature range of -60°F to +250°F. This exceptionally versatile system is widely used in the electronic, electrical, computer, metalworking, appliance, automotive, chemical and OEM industries. While the standard color of the cured material is gray, a wide variety of additional color choices are also available. A special non-drip version called EP21ND-2 is also available for heat cured applications when heat is added to accelerate the cure.
- Convenient mixing: non-critical one to one mix ratio by weight or volume.
- Variable mix ratio feature allows adjusting the type of cure (mentioned above).
- Easily applied; adhesive spreads smoothly; non-drip application feature.
- Ambient temperature cures or fast elevated temperature cures as required.
- High bonding strength to a wide variety of substrates.
- Excellent dimensional stability with good electrical insulation properties.
- Lower shrinkage upon cure.