MasterSil 153Med meets USP Class VI and ISO 10993-5 specifications for biocompatibility and cytoxicity. It is a two part silicone with a paste consistency that features a convenient one to one mix ratio by weight, and does not require exposure to air and humidity for cross-linking.
Very often, silicones are thought of as one component systems that cure at room temperature based on the humidity in the air. However, there is an entirely different group of silicones that are two parts and cure with the addition of a curing agent. Two prime examples of this kind of silicone are MasterSil 153 and MasterSil 153Med, a medical grade formulation.
Both systems offer easy processing with a one to one mix ratio by weight.
- A long working life of 5-7 hours for a 100 gram batch
- Room temperature cures or faster heat cures
- No by-products released while curing
- Very low exotherm
- Minimal shrinkage upon cure
MasterSil 153 and MasterSil 153Med feature typical silicone properties, including:
- Unmatched flexibility
- Outstanding temperature resistance up to 400°F
- Superior ability to withstand severe thermal cycling, vibration and mechanical shock
These formulations possess unique self priming features that enhance their bonding properties to a variety of substrates such as:
- Cured silicone rubber
- Many plastics
Additionally, these two part translucent silicones have:
- A softer durometer, offering repairability
- Impressive electrical insulation properties
- Superb water resistance
MasterSil 153Med stands apart from the standard MasterSil 153 by meeting USP Class VI requirements and specifications for cytotoxicity (ISO 10993-5).
For more information on this line of MasterSil silicones contact our technical representatives.