Two component, heat resistant, medical grade epoxy
- Meets USP Class VI requirements
- Resists sterilization including repeated autoclaving
- Serviceable from -100°F to +500°F
- High bond strength to similar and dissimilar substrates
Master Bond EP46HT-2Med is a two component epoxy system for high performance bonding, sealing, coating and potting. It has been tested and qualified as a Class VI formulation, meaning it meets the biocompatibility requirements of that widely recognized test. EP46HT-2Med is 100% reactive and formulated to cure rapidly at elevated temperatures of 250-300°F. The optimum cure is 3-4 hours at 250-300°F followed by 2-3 hours at 350-400°F. EP46HT-2Med has magnificent resistance to repeated sterilization by autoclaving, radiation or chemicals. The mix ratio is 100 to 30 by weight and once cured EP46HT-2Med has prime mechanical and physical properties. It bonds well to a variety of substrates including metals, composites, ceramics, glass, rubbers and many plastics. It should be noted that it also resists other hostile chemicals including acids, bases and many solvents. It has an attractive electrical insulation profile. The service temperature range is -100°F to +550°F. The color of Part A is clear and Part B is brown. EP46HT-2Med is used in medical device applications where resistance to repeated sterilization and biocompatibility are paramount.
- Very long working life at room temperature
- Passes USP Class VI testing for biocompatibility
- Resists repeated sterilization, especially steam
- Top tier electrical insulator
- Good flow properties
- Lower exotherm, suitable for potting
EP46HT-2Med is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.