One component, heat curing epoxy for structural bonding applications
- High tensile lap shear strength
- Serviceable up to +500°F
- Smooth high viscosity consistency
- Excellent adhesion to a variety of substrates
- First class chemical resistance
- Superior electrical isolation properties
Master Bond EP13 is a one component, heat curing epoxy with exceptional temperature resistance and excellent bonding attributes. This one component system will cure at temperatures of 300-350°F for 60-90 minutes. For optimum properties, a post cure of 2 hours at 350-400°F is highly recommended. It is primarily used as a structural adhesive. EP13 is somewhat exothermic and is typically cured in bond line thickness of 2-8 thousandths of an inch. EP13 is a smooth, high viscosity thixotropic system that is easy to apply. It has a wide array of desirable physical strength properties. The lap shear strength exceeds 3,500 psi, the compressive strength is over 16,000 psi and the tensile modulus is 450,000-500,000 psi. EP13 is readily machinable. The service temperature range is -60°F to +500°F. EP13 bonds well to wide variety of substrates including metals, glass, ceramics, composites, many rubbers and plastics. It serves up first class chemical resistance to fuels, oils, acids, bases and many solvents. The standard color is gray. Additionally it has fine electrical insulation properties. EP13 is particularly well suited for rigorous structural bonding applications in aerospace, specialty OEM and related industries.
- Single component system; no mixing prior to use. Unlimited working life at room temperature
- Easy to apply, smooth high viscosity consistency
- High tensile shear and compressive strength. Excellent structural adhesive
- Wide temperature range, superb heat resistance
- Bonds well to a wide range of substrates
- Good machinability
EP13 is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.