Master Bond polysulfide formulations offer corrosion protection, superior electrical insulation and good flowability. These elastomeric compounds are 100% reactive and are designed to cure at ambient temperatures or at slightly elevated temperatures.
Properties of Polysulfide Adhesive Systems
- Underwater curing capability
- Exceptional chemical resistance
- High dielectric strength
- High physical strength
- High and low cryogenic temperature serviceability
- Resistance to vibration, impact, shock and thermal cycling
- Metal free
- Long-term resistance to gasoline, natural gas, gaseous fuels, kerosene, alcohol, crude oils and its derivatives
- Easy application with no drip feature
- Excellent adhesion to similar and dissimilar substrates
Applications of Polysulfide Adhesives
Master Bond polysulfides are versatile synthetic elastomers that are used in the electronic, electrical, computer, metalworking, appliance, automotive and chemical industries. They can be used in a wide range of applications, such as:
- Aircraft fuel tank sealants
- Industrial tank liners
- Electrical potting
- Corrosion protection of offshore structures
- Vibration resistance of electro-optical devices
Most Popular Polysulfide System Products
Two part, room temperature curing polysulfide paste. Excellent for bonding and sealing in fuel and oil environments. Forgiving one to one mix ratio by weight or volume. Service operating temperature range from -80°F to +250°F. Resists rigorous thermal cycling. Superior electrical insulation properties.
Two part, room temperature curing epoxy polysulfide system with excellent flow. Used primarily for potting, encapsulating and coating applications. One to one mix ratio by weight or volume. Resists exposure to water, gasoline, fuels, oils, hydrocarbons, hydraulic fluids. Outstanding durability and toughness. Service operating temperature range from -80°F to +250°F.
Two part, room temperature curing, very flexible polysulfide system with excellent thermal conductivity. Low viscosity and good flowability for potting and encapsulating applications. Superior electrical insulation characteristics. Withstands thermal cycling. Reliable resistance to fuels and oils. Long open time. Serviceable from -60°F to +250°F.