Two component epoxy compound for bonding, sealing, coating and potting
- Convenient handling
- Superior flow properties
- Excellent thermal conductivity
- Superb electrical insulation
Master Bond EP21AOLV is a two component, thermally conductive, electrically isolating epoxy adhesive, sealant and coating. It has a convenient one to one mix ratio by weight or volume, with a longer open time and lower exotherm. Upon mixing, it has a smooth consistency that flows very nicely. The system cures easily at room temperature and can be accelerated by heat. The optimum cure schedule is overnight at room temperature followed by 3-5 hours at 150-200°F.
First and foremost, EP21AOLV conducts heat very well, yet still retains effective electrical insulation values. While its primary use is for potting and encapsulating, it is also an excellent adhesive that develops high strength bonds. It adheres to a wide variety of substrates including metals, glass, ceramics and many plastics. Some other attractive features include a low coefficient of expansion, excellent dimensional stability, along with high compressive strength. EP21AOLV resists a wide range of chemicals especially water, oils and fuels. The service temperature range for this epoxy is -60°F to +250°F. There is an option for the color of Part A, either gray or off-white. The color of Part B is off-white. This combination of attributes allows EP21AOLV to be used in a wide variety of applications, notably in electronics, electro-optics and specialty OEM industries; especially where excellent thermal conductivity and electrical insulation are important considerations.
- Convenient handling: non-critical one-to-one mix ratio by weight or volume
- Easy application: readily flowable when potting; brushable when bonding
- Will cure at ambient temperatures or elevated temperatures
- Outstanding thermal conductivity
- Robust electrical insulation properties
- Low coefficient of expansion, low shrinkage and superb dimensional stability
EP21AOLV is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.