Two component epoxy resin system for bonding, coating and sealing
- Outstanding abrasion resistance
- Excellent hardness
- Convenient handling
- Cures at ambient temperatures
- Silicon carbide filled
- Paste consistency
Master Bond EP21SC-1 is a two component epoxy system featuring truly exceptional abrasion resistance. This high performance compound utilizes silicon carbide as a filler material and can be used as a coating, adhesive or sealant. It has a convenient, non-critical one to one mix ratio by weight or volume. It is 100% reactive and does not contain any solvents or diluents. Also, the system has minimal shrinkage upon cure. EP21SC-1 cures at room temperature and can be accelerated with heat. The optimum cure schedule is overnight at room temperature followed by 2-3 hours at 150-200°F. First and foremost EP21SC-1 has superior abrasion resistance. It can also withstand exposure to chemicals including water, oils, hydraulic fluids, acids and bases over the wide temperature range of -60°F to 250°F. It has very good adhesion to treated metals, ceramics and many plastics. Some other desirable attributes include a Shore D hardness greater than 90, exceptional dimensional stability and very high compressive strength. It has superior electrical insulation properties and its thermal expansion coefficient is desirably low. The color of Parts A and B is dark gray. EP21SC-1 is widely used in chemical and mechanical processing, maintenance and tank and chute applications, especially when excellent abrasion resistance is advantageous.
- Convenient mixing: non-critical one to one weight or volume mix ratio
- Easy application: smooth paste consistency
- Versatile cure schedules: convenient room temperature cures or faster elevated temperature cures
- Truly exceptional abrasion resistance, tough, high strength coatings, liners and adhesive/sealants
- High bond strength to a wide variety substrates
- Low thermal expansion coefficient
EP21SC-1 is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.