Two component, room temperature curing epoxy with excellent thermal transfer properties
- Room temperature curing system
- Very good flow properties
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- Low moisture permeability
Master Bond EP30AN is a two component epoxy for high performance potting, sealing, coating and bonding featuring exceptionally high thermal conductivity (22-25 BTU•in/ft2•hr•°F) and remarkable electrical insulation properties. EP30AN combines outstanding dimensional stability, superlative physical strength properties and low viscosity. This latter feature enables it to be readily used for potting and encapsulation. EP30AN is brushable and has wide applicability as a coating and sealant. The epoxy forms tough, durable bonds that are easily thermally cycled. It can also resist water, oils and many solvents and has a wide service temperature range of -60°F to +250°F. One particularly noteworthy property is its low coefficient of thermal expansion (CTE). It is formulated to cure at room temperature or more rapidly at elevated temperatures and has a ten to one mix ratio by weight. The color of Part A is gray and Part B is clear. EP30AN is widely used in the electronic, electrical, computer, chemical, electro-optical and related industries where maximum heat transfer is required along with superior electrical isolation.
- Easy application: spreads or pours evenly and smoothly
- Versatile cure schedules: ambient temperature cures or fast elevated temperature cures as required
- High bond strength to a wide variety of substrates
- Accomplished electrical insulator with impressively high capacity for heat transfer
- Great dimensional stability, high compressive strength and low CTE
- Low viscosity with excellent flowability; ideal for potting and encapsulation
- Chemically resistant to acids, bases, salts and many solvents
EP30AN was used for bonding hybrid circuits in a paper titled “Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A”. For more information click here.
EP30AN is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.