Low viscosity, two component epoxy system
- Biocompatible as per USP Class VI testing
- Meets certification for indirect contact with food
- Excellent electrical insulator
- Resistant to chemical sterilants
- Optically clear
- Withstands 1,000 hours 85°C/85% RH
Master Bond EP30Med is a two component, optically clear, low viscosity epoxy resin system for high performance bonding, sealing, coating, and encapsulating. It is formulated to cure readily at room temperature or more quickly at elevated temperatures. It has a four to one mix ratio by weight and contains no solvents or diluents. EP30Med produces high strength, rigid bonds which are very resistant to chemicals including water, oils and many organic solvents, as well as cold sterilants, EtO and gamma radiation. It is serviceable over the wide temperature range of -60°F to +250°F. It bonds well to a wide variety of substrates including metals, glass, ceramics, wood and many plastics. EP30Med has exceptionally low linear shrinkage upon cure. The cured compound is also an outstanding electrical insulator. The combination of these properties makes this system well suited for encapsulating and potting applications. Most importantly, EP30Med meets USP Class VI specifications, making it ideal for a variety of uses in medical devices. EP30Med also meets FDA requirements for indirect food contact as per FDA CFR 175.105. To optimize the properties and to attain desired biocompatibility, the recommended cure schedule is overnight at room temperature, followed by 1-2 hours at 150-200°F.
- Easy mixing: four to one by weight
- Convenient application: low viscosity; only contact pressure required for cure
- Versatile cure schedules: room temperature curing, or faster at elevated temperatures
- Forms high strength, rigid bonds to a wide variety of substrates
- Exceptionally low shrinkage
EP30Med is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.