Master Bond EP3HTSMed, a USP Class VI certified, highly conductive epoxy, was used in research for a novel microchannel array for nerve regeneration in prosthetics.
One part, electrically conductive, biocompatible epoxy system
- USP Class VI certified
- Exceptionally low volume resistivity
- Serviceable from -60°F to +400°F
- High shear strength
- Unlimited working life at room temperature
- Thixotropic paste
Master Bond EP3HTSMed is a one component, silver filled, electrically conductive epoxy system featuring high shear strength and good temperature resistance along with a fast cure schedule. The epoxy system fully meets USP Class VI requirements. EP3HTSMed has exceptional conductivity; less than 1 millionth per cm. Typical curing schedules are 40-90 minutes at 250°F or 20-40 minutes at 300°F (minimum cure temperature is 235-240°F). Tensile shear strengths in excess of 1,000 psi are readily obtained using these fast cure times. EP3HTSMed requires no mixing prior to use and has a 6 month shelf life at room temperature when packaged in jars (syringes have a shelf life of 3 months). The service temperature range is -60°F to +400°F. It is 100% reactive and does not contain any solvents or volatiles. EP3HTSMed produces durable, high strength bonds which are resistant to severe thermal cycling and many chemicals including water, oil, fuels and most organic solvents. Its adhesion to metals, glass, ceramics, vulcanized rubbers and many plastics is excellent. The cured adhesive/sealant is a superior thermal and electrical conductor. Its color is silver. The convenient handling and rapid cure speed of EP3HTSMed makes it ideally suited for demanding manufacturing applications.
- Single component system, no mixing prior to use
- Easy application; contact pressure only required during cure; adhesive spreads evenly and smoothly
- Rapid cure schedules, e.g. 20-40 minutes at 300°F or 40-90 minutes at 250°F
- High tensile shear strength
- Bonds well to a wide variety of substrates
- Excellent thermal and electrical conductor
- Ideal for rigorous manufacturing application
EP3HTSMed is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.