Two component, biocompatible epoxy compound
- USP Class VI approved
- Passes ISO 10993-5 for cytotoxicity
- High temperature resistant
- Fast curing at moderately elevated temperatures
- Resists repeated sterilization cycles
- Long working life at room temperatures
Master Bond EP62-1Med is a two component epoxy system that has an exceptionally long working life at ambient temperatures and cures rapidly at moderately elevated temperatures. It has a 100 to 10 mix ratio by weight. The pot life of 100 grams is greater than 12 hours. Typical cure schedules range from 4-6 hours at 60-70°C, 20-40 minutes at 80-100°C or 10 minutes at 125°C. The cured epoxy resin exhibits remarkably high thermal stability with a glass transition temperature of 140-145°C. Most noteworthy, EP62-1Med meets USP Class VI specifications and ISO 10993-5 for cytotoxicity. As a consequence, it is widely used in medical devices that are exposed to repeated sterilizations, including autoclaving, chemical sterilants and radiation. Not surprisingly, it also offers outstanding chemical resistance to acids, bases and many solvents.
This system has excellent electrical insulation properties. EP62-1Med is widely used in applications where a long open time and resistance to repeated aggressive sterilizations is required. The color of Part A is clear and Part B is dark brown in color. EP62-1Med is primarily used as an adhesive, sealant and coating.
- Easy to use, 100 to 10 mix ratio by weight
- Superior resistance to a wide variety of chemicals, even at high temperature
- Versatile cure schedules at various elevated temperatures
- Outstanding dimensional stability
- Exceptionally long working life
EP62-1Med is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.