Two component, addition curing silicone for potting, encapsulation and sealing
- Enhanced low temperature serviceability
- Optically clear
- Cures at room or elevated temperatures
- Good electrical insulator
Master Bond MasterSil 157 is a two component, lower viscosity silicone compound for high performance potting and encapsulation. It is an addition cured system and does not require exposure to air for complete cross-linking. It has a ten to one mix ratio by weight and will not outgas while curing. The system is 100% solids and contains no solvents. Curing is straightforward and relatively simple; 12-24 hours at ambient temperatures followed by 3-5 hours at 150-200°F. MasterSil 157 is highly flexible, optically clear and retains these properties over the service temperature range of -175°F to +500°F. It is capable of withstanding the most rigorous thermal cycling and shock. Its water resistance is quite good. These properties enable MasterSil 157 to be used in applications involving sensitive optical and electrical components. Some other specialty uses include encapsulating LEDs, optical fiber cladding and potting connectors. Also noteworthy are its low index of refraction and its ability to transmit light very well from 220-2,500 nanometers. MasterSil 157 has prominence in optical, opto-electronic, specialty OEM and related applications where the attributes mentioned above, particularly low temperature serviceability, are desirable.
- Addition cured; no by-products released during cure; does not require air for curing
- Low exotherm; very long pot life
- Can cure in thicknesses beyond 1 inch
- Very low shrinkage upon cure
- Excellent optical clarity and transmission properties
- Superior electrical insulation properties; highly resistant to water
MasterSil 157 is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.