UV system for high performance bonding, sealing and coating
- Outstanding abrasion resistance
- Superior non-yellowing properties
- Excellent flexibility and toughness
- Moderate viscosity
Master Bond UV15X-6NM-2 is a one component, UV curing urethane acrylate system featuring vibrant flexibility, excellent toughness and superior abrasion resistance. This moderate viscosity compound can be used for a wide variety of applications including bonding, sealing, coating and encapsulation. Its robust flexibility gives it the capacity to withstand severe thermal cycling as well as resisting thermal and mechanical shocks. UV15X-6NM-2 bonds well to a variety of substrates including glass, plastics including polycarbonates and acrylics, composites, metals and many types of rubbers. It has very good chemical resistance, especially to water, cleaning agents and oils. UV15X-6NM-2 is a top notch thermal and electrical insulator with a service temperature range of -80°F to +250°F. It should be noted that it has a substantial non-yellowing profile.
UV15X-6NM-2 generally cures readily in 10-30 seconds when exposed to a UV light source emitting at a wavelength of 320-365 nm with an energy output as low as 20-40 milliwatts/cm². The rate of cure depends upon the system’s distance from the light source, the thickness of the section and the intensity of the light source. It should be noted that the system can cure in sections approaching 1/4 inch thick. However, when bonding, sections of a few thousandths of an inch are more than adequate. Most importantly, UV15X-6NM-2 does not display oxygen inhibition. This system is widely used in fiber-optic, optical, electronic, semiconductor, microelectronic and laser applications.
- One part system with no mixing needed
- Cures very fast upon exposure to 320-365 nm UV light at ambient temperatures
- No oxygen inhibition
- Highly reliable thermal and electrical insulator
- Outstanding flexibility, toughness and abrasion resistance
- Performs well in withstanding rigorous thermal cycling as well as thermal and mechanical shocks
- Superb non-yellowing capabilities
UV15X-6NM-2 is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.