Specifically designed for avionic/aviation applications, Master Bond EP93FRHT readily passes the stringent Airbus specifications for vertical burn test, smoke emission and toxic gas emission as listed under ABD 0031, Issue F.
Two component epoxy system meets the Airbus standards noted below from ABD0031, Issue F, June 8, 2005 for flame retardancy
- Twelve second vertical burn per AITM 2.0002B and Section 7.1.2 of ABD0031, Issue F
- Smoke emission per AITM 2.0007B, Issue 3 in the flaming mode and Section 7.3.2 of ABD0031, Issue F
- Toxic gas emission per AITM 3.0005, Issue 2 in the flaming mode and Section 7.4 of ABD0031, Issue F
Master Bond EP93FRHT is a two component epoxy that meets the Airbus specifications described above. It can be employed as an adhesive, sealant and encapsulating system. In a practical sense, it is used in all kinds of aircraft where protection is needed from flames, smoke and materials that might burn. It is most likely to be used in interior panels, floor and door assemblies, as well as frame lining. It also can be used for potting electronics. It should be noted that EP93FRHT is a non-halogenated type of flame retardant epoxy.
This epoxy is a moderate viscosity system with a very long open time. It has an easy to use one to one mix ratio by weight. The recommended cure for optimizing properties is overnight at room temperature followed by 3-5 hours at 150-200°F. It bonds well to a variety of substrates including metals, composites, glass, ceramic and many plastics. The service temperature range is -80°F to +400°F. One particularly outstanding feature of this system after curing is its ability to withstand rigorous thermal cycling. It has good chemical resistance to water, fuels, oils and many common solvents. The color of Part A is black, Part B is off white and the cured material is dark gray. Since this system is color coded, it makes mixing more user friendly. EP93FRHT is a specialty product primarily for aviation and avionic applications where the demanding Airbus requirements for the vertical burn test, smoke emission and toxic gas emission as noted above are needed.
- Convenient processing, one to one mix ratio by weight and color coded
- Excellent electrical insulator
- Top notch adhesion to a wide variety of substrates
- Low shrinkage upon curing
- Passes the stringent requirements of the Airbus specifications mentioned above
To learn more about the Airbus test data results, please click here.
EP93FRHT is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.