Low viscosity, two component epoxy compound
- USP Class VI certified
- Outstanding thermal cycling resistance
- Cures at room temperature or elevated temperatures
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Serviceable from -65°F to +250°F
Master Bond EP21LVMed is a two component, low viscosity epoxy resin system for high performance bonding, sealing, coating, encapsulating and casting. It is formulated to cure readily at room temperature or more quickly at elevated temperatures. To optimize the system’s properties and to ensure biocompatibility, a highly recommended cure schedule is overnight at room temperature followed by 2-3 hours at 150-200°F. It has a convenient one to one mix ratio by weight. EP21LVMed produces high strength, durable bonds which hold up well to thermal cycling and resist many chemicals including water, acids, bases and most importantly, EtO, radiation and many cold sterilants. It is serviceable over the wide temperature range of -65°F to +250°F. It bonds well to a variety of substrates including metals, glass, ceramics, wood, rubbers and many plastics. Once cured, EP21LVMed is an outstanding electrical insulator. This, combined with its low viscosity, makes this system an excellent encapsulating and potting epoxy. It fully passes USP Class VI testing for biocompatibility and it is widely used for medical applications. EP21LVMed contains no solvents or diluents. The color of Part A is clear, while the color of Part B is amber.
- Convenient mixing: one to one mix ratio by weight
- Easy application: only contact pressure required while curing; adhesive spreads readily
- High bonding strength to a wide variety of substrates
- Superior physical strength properties
- Good electrical insulation properties; ideal for potting and encapsulation
- Resists EtO and radiation as well as many chemical sterilants
EP21LVMed is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.