In over a dozen published research articles, patents, and manufacturers’ specifications, scientists and engineers have identified EP29LPSP for use in their applications due to its unparalleled performance in one or more areas. Table 1 highlights several commercial and research applications that use Master Bond EP29LPSP. Table 2 summarizes several patents that reference EP29LPSP.
Two component epoxy compound for cryogenic applications
- NASA low outgassing approved
- Optically clear
- Electrically insulative
- Serviceable at cryogenic temperatures down to 4K
- Withstands cryogenic shock
- Low mixed viscosity
Master Bond Polymer System EP29LPSP is a two component, high performance, modified low temperature heat cured epoxy system specially formulated for cryogenic applications. EP29LPSP is serviceable at temperatures as low as 4K as an adhesive, sealant and protective coating, but more importantly, it is able to withstand cryogenic shocks (i.e. room temperature down to liquid helium temperatures in a 5-10 minute time period). This optically clear, low viscosity epoxy bonds well to a wide variety of substrates including metals, glass, ceramics, composites and many different plastics. The working life is long; a 100 gram mass will allow over 4-5 hours of working life. EP29LPSP has superior electrical insulation properties and a good chemical resistance profile. EP29LPSP requires gelling the mixed epoxy at room temperature, followed by alternative lower elevated temperature cure cycles (8-10 hours at 130-150°F) or (5-7 hours at 175°F) or (3-5 hours at 200°F). EP29LPSP is widely used in applications requiring cryogenic service, optical clarity and NASA low outgassing properties.
- Exceptionally low mixed viscosity and low exotherm; contains no solvents or other volatiles
- Long working life at ambient temperatures
- Superior physical strength and electrical insulation properties
- High bonding strength to a wide variety of substrates
- Excellent chemical resistance to acids, bases and many solvents
- Outstanding track record for cryogenic serviceability
EP29LPSP is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.
Master Bond Polymer System EP29LPSP is a two component, high performance, modified low temperature heat cured epoxy system specially formulated for cryogenic applications.