Two component, high performance epoxy for potting, sealing, encapsulating and casting
- Exceptionally long working life at room temperature
- Low viscosity
- Outstanding electrical insulation properties
- Highly resistant to thermal cycling and shock
Master Bond EP110F8-1 is a two component high performance epoxy resin system with a long pot life (at least 2-3 days at room temperature). It is used primarily for potting, sealing, encapsulating and casting. This low viscosity system has a convenient and very forgiving one to two mix ratio by weight. It requires an elevated temperature cure at 250-300°F. A typical cure schedule would be 4-6 hours at 250-300°F. For optimum properties, a post cure of 3-5 hours at 350°F is recommended. It should be noted that even without the optional post cure, EP110F8-1 will perform very well. EP110F8-1 has no solvents or diluents and has low shrinkage upon cure.
It adheres well to a wide variety of substrates, including metals, composites, glass and many plastics. At the forefront of its property profile are superior electrical insulation properties. Also, its physical strength properties of moderate tensile strength, lower modulus and high elongation, translates into its ability to withstand severe thermal cycling and shock. It resists water, oils, fuels and a number of acids and bases quite well. The color of Part A is clear while the color of Part B is amber. The service temperature range is -80°F to +325°F. It can be used in applications where high performance electrical insulation properties and resistance to thermal cycling are required.
- Lower viscosity liquid; good flowability
- Long working life at room temperature
- Outstanding thermal shock resistance
- Superior toughness over a wide temperature range
- Top tier electrical insulation properties
- Good mechanical strength properties
EP110F8-1 is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.