Serviceable up to +500°F, EP13SPND-2 is a one part epoxy paste for structural bonding applications. This electrically insulative system has a non-drip application feature that delivers high tensile, tensile lap shear and compressive strength of over 8,000 psi, 3,000 psi and 18,000 psi, respectively.
One component, heat curing epoxy for structural bonding applications
- High tensile lap shear strength
- Serviceable up to +500°F
- Non-drip application feature
- Excellent adhesion to a variety of substrates
- Superior electrical isolation properties
- Withstands 1,000 hours 85°C/85% RH
Master Bond EP13SPND-2 is a one component, heat curing epoxy with prominent temperature resistance and stellar bonding attributes. This one part system will cure at temperatures of 300-350°F for 60-90 minutes. For optimum properties, a post cure of 2 hours at 350-400°F is highly recommended. It is primarily used as a structural adhesive. EP13SPND-2 is somewhat exothermic and is typically cured in bond line thickness of 2-8 thousandths of an inch. The system has a paste consistency that is easy to apply and will not flow when cured. It combines first rate dimensional stability, splendid tensile lap shear strength, keen compressive strength and a robust tensile modulus. The service temperature range is -60°F to +500°F. EP13SPND-2 bonds well to wide variety of substrates including metals, glass, ceramics, composites, many rubbers and plastics. It serves up first class chemical resistance to fuels, oils, acids, bases and many solvents. The standard color is tan. Additionally it has top notch electrical insulation properties. EP13SPND-2 is particularly well suited for demanding structural bonding applications in aerospace, specialty OEM and related industries.
- Single component system; no mixing prior to use. Unlimited working life at room temperature
- Easy to apply, paste consistency and will not flow while curing
- High tensile shear and compressive strength. Preeminent structural adhesive
- Wide array of dominant physical strength properties and superior dimensional stability
- Sound adhesion to a wide variety of substrates
- Potent heat resistance
EP13SPND-2 is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.