One part epoxy for testing adhesion or cohesive strength of metallic based flame-sprayed coatings
- Used in ASTM C633 testing applications
- Exceptionally high tensile strength
- Non drip
- Withstands 1,000 hours 85°C/85% RH
Master Bond EP15ND-2 is a one component, heat curing epoxy featuring high tensile strength. It is utilized in testing the adhesion and cohesive strength of metallic flamesprayed coatings. This standard test is fully detailed in ASTM specification C633. EP15ND-2 is formulated to cure at temperatures from 300-350°F for 60-90 minutes. Uponcure, EP15ND-2 has a tensile strength well in excess of 12,000 psi. EP15ND-2 forms rigid and dimensionally stable bonds with minimal shrinkage upon cure. It is 100% reactive and does not contain any solvents or diluents. Also, it will not flow while curing. Its service temperature range is -60°F to +250°F.
As a one component epoxy, EP15ND-2 is easy to handle as it does not require mixing prior to use. Its working life at room temperature is unlimited because it is not premixed and frozen. It has very low shrinkage upon curing and superior dimensional stability. The standard color of the epoxy is tan. Although primarily used in the flame sprayed coating test, EP15ND-2 can also be utilized in any bonding application where a paste consistency and high tensile strength after curing are needed.
- Single component system; no mixing prior to use
- Unlimited working life at room temperature
- Exceptionally high tensile strength well exceeding 12,000 psi
- 100% reactive; contains no solvents or volatiles
- Bonds well to flame-sprayed coatings
- Very low shrinkage upon cure
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Specifically designed for testing under ASTM specification C633
EP15ND-2 is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.