One component epoxy system for bonding, sealing, coating and casting
- Serviceable up to 650°F
- Exemplary chemical resistance
- Compelling retention of properties at elevated temperatures
Master Bond EP17HT is an extraordinary one component, heat cured epoxy system for bonding, sealing, coating and encapsulating. It features excellent physical properties, a superb electrical insulation profile and chemical resistance even with heat exposure to 650°F. Its glass transition temperature (Tg) is a resounding 220-225°C. This system is also distinctive in that it has very low exotherm upon curing and can be used in castings and encapsulations well beyond ½ inch in thickness. The minimum curing temperature for EP17HT is 300°F with faster cures attainable at higher temperatures. It should be noted, in order to obtain the optimum properties, a post cure of 2-12 hours at 350°F is recommended.
EP17HT is 100% reactive and contains no solvents or diluents. EP17HT bonds well to similar as well as dissimilar substrates such as metal, ceramics, plastics and composites. It has a impressive resistance to many chemicals such as acids, bases, salts, fuels, oils and many solvents. Shrinkage upon cure is minimal. It is serviceable from -80°F to +650°F. The standard color is tan but other colors are available. EP17HT retains its exceptional electrical insulation properties, even at higher temperatures. It is widely used in a variety of applications in the aerospace, oil and chemical processing and specialty OEM industries. A paste version, EP17HTND-2, in black is also available.
- Single component system; no mixing prior to use
- Easy application; only positive contact pressure required during heat cure
- High tensile, lap shear and compressive strength properties
- 100% reactive. Contains no solvents, diluents or volatiles
- High temperature resistance, Tg 200-225°C
- Superior electrical insulation properties, even at higher temperatures
EP17HT is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.