One component epoxy system for bonding, sealing, coating and casting
- Serviceable up to 650°F
- Exemplary chemical resistance
- Compelling retention of properties at elevated temperatures
Master Bond EP17HT is an extraordinary one component, heat cured epoxy system for bonding, sealing, coating and encapsulating. It features excellent physical properties, a superb electrical insulation profile and chemical resistance even with heat exposure to 650°F. Its glass transition temperature (Tg) is a resounding 220-225°C. This system is also distinctive in that it has very low exotherm upon curing and can be used in castings and encapsulations well beyond ½ inch in thickness. The minimum curing temperature for EP17HT is 300°F with faster cures attainable at higher temperatures. It should be noted, in order to obtain the optimum properties, a post cure of 2-12 hours at 350°F is recommended.
EP17HT is 100% reactive and contains no solvents or diluents. EP17HT bonds well to similar as well as dissimilar substrates such as metal, ceramics, plastics and composites. It has a impressive resistance to many chemicals such as acids, bases, salts, fuels, oils and many solvents. Shrinkage upon cure is minimal. It is serviceable from -80°F to +650°F. The color of EP17HT prior to cure is milky white, and after cure, it is amber clear. EP17HT retains its exceptional electrical insulation properties, even at higher temperatures. It is widely used in a variety of applications in the aerospace, oil and chemical processing and specialty OEM industries. A paste version, EP17HTND-2, in black is also available.
- Single component system; no mixing prior to use
- Easy application; only positive contact pressure required during heat cure
- High tensile, lap shear and compressive strength properties
- 100% reactive. Contains no solvents, diluents or volatiles
- High temperature resistance, Tg 200-225°C
- Superior electrical insulation properties, even at higher temperatures
EP17HT is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.