Two component epoxy system featuring easy handling and exceptional versatility
- Suitable for bonding, sealing, coating, encapsulation and casting
- Adjustable rigidity and flexibility by altering the mix ratio
- Electrically insulative
- Cures at room temperature
- Serviceable from -65°F to +250°F
Master Bond EP21CLV is a two component, lower viscosity epoxy resin system for high performance bonding, sealing, coating, encapsulation and casting. It features easy handling and exceptional versatility with application usage. It is formulated to cure readily at room temperature or more quickly at elevated temperatures. It has a very forgiving one to one mix ratio by weight or volume. EP21CLV has the unusual characteristic of being able to adjust the properties of the cured system by altering the mix ratio. Adding more of Part A (e.g. a two to one mix ratio) gives a more rigid cure, for enhanced machinability. While adding more of Part B (e.g. a one to two mix ratio) gives a more forgiving cure, for greater impact resistance. EP21CLV produces high strength, durable bonds which hold up well to thermal cycling and resists many chemicals including water, oils, fuels, acids, bases and salts. It is serviceable over the wide temperature range of -65°F to +250°F. It bonds well to a variety of substrates including metals, composites, glass, ceramics, wood, rubbers and many plastics. Once cured, EP21CLV is an outstanding electrical insulator. This, coupled with its low viscosity, makes it an excellent encapsulating and potting epoxy. EP21CLV contains no solvents or diluents. While the standard color of the cured material is amber-clear, a wide variety of additional color choices are also available. It is widely used in the electronic, electrical, aerospace, metalworking, optical, specialty OEM and related industries.
- Convenient mixing: non-critical one to one mix ratio by weight or volume
- Easy application: only contact pressure required while curing; adhesive spreads readily
- Ambient temperature cures or fast elevated temperature cures as required
- High bond strength to a wide variety of substrates
- Superior physical strength properties
- Good electrical insulation properties; ideal for potting and encapsulation
EP21CLV is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.