Silver conductive, two component epoxy for medical applications
- Convenient handling
- High electrical conductivity
- Thermally conductive
- Capable of withstanding thermal cycling
- Good strength properties
- USP Class VI certified
Master Bond EP21TDCSMed is a two component, silver filled, electrically conductive epoxy. It can be used for bonding, sealing and coating applications. This system has been tested for USP Class VI specifications for biocompatibility. EP21TDCSMed has a paste consistency and a forgiving one to one mix ratio by weight. It is formulated to cure at room temperature or elevated temperatures with the optimum cure being overnight at room temperature followed by 2-3 hours at 150-200°F.
First and foremost, upon full cure, EP21TDCSMed has superb electrical conductivity with the volume resistivity being less than 103 ohm-cm. It bonds well to a wide variety of substrates including metals, composites, glass, ceramics and many plastics. It has reasonably good strength in both shear and peel modes. This system is specially formulated to be more forgiving than most epoxies and is capable of withstanding vigorous thermal cycling. EP21TDCSMed holds up very well to cleaning solutions and sterilants such as EtO and gamma radiation. It is serviceable over the wide temperature range of 4K to +250°F. Parts A and B are both colored silver. EP21TDCSMed is widely used in medical electronic applications where superior conductivity and biocompatibility are important requirements.
- Convenient mixing: one to one ratio by weight
- Contains no volatiles; excellent low outgassing properties
- Easy application: contact pressure only required for cure; adhesive spreads evenly and smoothly
- High bond strength to similar and dissimilar substrates
- Superior durability, thermal shock and chemical resistance
- Much less rigid than conventional silver epoxy
EP21TDCSMed is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.