Two component, room temperature curing epoxy polysulfide system
- One to one mix ratio
- Flexible bonds
- Withstands thermal cycling
- Exceptional chemical resistance to fuels and oils
- Excellent electrical insulation properties
- Two part polysulfide system
Master Bond EP21TPLV is a two component epoxy polysulfide system formulated to cure at room temperature or more rapidly at elevated temperatures, with a one to one mix ratio by weight or volume. It’s a versatile material that can be used as an adhesive, coating, encapsulant and especially as a sealant. It resists a wide array of chemicals including water, gasoline, fuels, oils, hydrocarbons, hydraulic fluids and many acids and bases. Significantly, unlike many chemical resistant epoxy based materials, this system has excellent toughness. These properties enable EP21TPLV to withstand rigorous thermal cycling as well as mechanical and thermal shocks. It bonds well to a variety of substrates, including metals, glass, ceramics and many rubber and plastic materials. The cured system has excellent electrical insulation properties. Its service temperature range is -80°F to +250°F. One unusual feature of EP21TPLV is the influence of adding heat to the curing cycle. When cured at room temperature the Shore D hardness is 60-65; when cured at 200°F for 2-3 hours, its hardness is 15-20 Shore D. Therefore, to obtain the optimum properties, EP21TPLV should be cured at room temperature. The color of Part A is tan and Part B is amber, although, other colors are available. Polysulfide systems, such as EP21TPLV, have been used as fuel tank sealants and coatings, as well as for potting electrical connectors and other components exposed to fuels, oils and lubricants. EP21TPLV can be used in aerospace, OEM, electronic, electrical, chemical and related industries where room temperature curing, toughness and resistance to fuels, lubricants and similar type chemicals are needed.
- Convenient mixing: forgiving one to one mix ratio by weight or volume
- Easy to apply — adhesive spreads evenly and smoothly
- Ambient temperature curing imparts optimal chemical resistance and hardness
- Produces tough bonds; resistant to thermal cycling
- Good hardness and elongation
- Superb resistance to oils, fuels and related chemicals
EP21TPLV is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.