Aluminum filled, two component epoxy adhesive for bonding, sealing and coating
- Easily machinable
- Two component epoxy
- One to one mix ratio
- Exceptionally high compressive strength
- Superior dimensional stability
- Aluminum filled
Master Bond EP22 is an aluminum filled, two component epoxy adhesive for high performance bonding, sealing and coating. It is formulated to cure at room temperature or more rapidly at elevated temperatures, with a non-critical one to one mix ratio by weight or volume. EP22 is especially noteworthy for its sterling machinability, great dimensional stability and exceptionally high compressive strength. It bonds well to metals, especially steel and aluminum, as well as ceramics, composites, rubbers and many plastics. It has good void filling properties. The cured epoxy responds well to thermal cycling and has fine chemical resistance when exposed to water, fuels and oils. Although it is aluminum filled, it is a respectable electrical insulator. The presence of aluminum also promotes lower shrinkage than most epoxy systems. EP22 has an operating temperature range of -60°F to +250°F. The color of Part A is gray and Part B is gray. Master Bond EP22 system is widely used in specialty OEM, aerospace, chemical processing and selected electronic applications. It can be cured in thicker sections, and in this context it has utility as a cost effective repair and maintenance formulation for a wide range of machinery, especially industrial process equipment.
- Convenient mixing: non-critical one to one mix ratio by weight or volume
- Easy application: contact pressure only required for cure; adhesive spreads evenly and smoothly
- Versatile cure schedules: ambient temperature cures or fast elevated temperature cures as required
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Low shrinkage upon curing
- Readily and easily machinable
- High compressive strength
EP22 is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.