Highly versatile, two part epoxy system for bonding, coating, sealing and casting
- Superb optical clarity
- Low shrinkage upon curing
- Very low viscosity
- Withstands 1,000 hours 85°C/85% RH
Master Bond EP30 is a low viscosity, two component epoxy system for high performance bonding, coating, sealing, potting and encapsulation. It readily cures at room temperature or more rapidly at elevated temperatures, and has a four to one mix ratio by weight. This adhesive is 100% reactive and does not contain any solvents or diluents. EP30 has outstanding physical strength properties along with highly reliable electrical insulation characteristics. This dimensionally stable system has very low linear shrinkage after cure, less than 0.003 in./in. EP30 possesses very good optical clarity along with superior light transmission when compared to many other epoxies. EP30 bonds well to a variety of substrates including metals, glass, and ceramics, as well as many plastics and rubber materials. EP30 forms high strength, rigid bonds that resist chemicals including water, oil, acids, bases and many solvents. Its low viscosity enables this system to be used for special gap filling applications where space is limited. Master Bond EP30 is widely used in electronic, electrical, optical, fiber-optic, aerospace and related industries, particularly where low viscosity and optical clarity are desirable.
- Convenient mixing: easy to use mix ratio—four to one by weight
- Easy application: only contact pressure required while curing; adhesive spreads readily
- Versatile cure schedules: ambient temperature cures or faster at higher temperatures
- Low viscosity; superb for smaller gap filling applications
- Exceptional physical strength and electrical insulation properties
EP30 is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.