Highly versatile, two part epoxy system for bonding, coating, sealing and casting
- Superb optical clarity
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Strikingly high glass transition temperature
- Long working life
Master Bond EP30-3 is a two component epoxy system featuring a combination of optical clarity and light transmission, an impressive glass transition temperature (Tg), along with amazing chemical resistance. It has an easy to use 100 to 30 mix ratio by weight, and while it requires heat curing it offers a long open time of 6-10 hours. It bonds well to a wide variety of substrates including metals, glass, composites and many plastics and rubbers. EP30-3 has substantial electrical insulation properties and first rate chemical resistance, particularly to water, oils, acids, bases and many solvents. This versatile system can be used for bonding, sealing, coating and potting applications. Also compelling is its high Tg greater than 175°C, which is super for an epoxy with these kinds of optical properties. The service temperature range is -80°F to +450°F. It can be used in aerospace, electronics and most frequently in opto-electronics and optical applications.
- Convenient mix ratio; 100:30 by weight
- Low viscosity, easy to apply; very long working life
- High bonding strength to metals, many plastics, rubber and glass
- Excellent chemical resistance to acids, bases, oils and solvents
- Superb optical clarity and transmission
- Outstanding electrical insulation; can be used for potting and encapsulation
- Resistance to many chemicals including solvents, fuels, acids and bases
- Bonds well to a wide variety of substrates
EP30-3 is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.