Optically clear, two component epoxy for bonding, coating, sealing and casting
- Low viscosity
- Fast curing, even in thin sections
- Superior non-yellowing properties
- Low shrinkage upon cure
Master Bond EP30-4 is an optically clear, two component epoxy system for high performance bonding, coating, sealing and casting. The mix ratio is a forgiving two to one by weight. Upon mixing, this low viscosity system cures rapidly at room temperature and the cure can be accelerated with heat. In fact, it is a relatively fast setting system, and in some cases, depending upon the application and the substrates, fixtures often can be removed in 15-25 minutes. EP30-4 contains no solvents or diluents and has very low shrinkage upon curing.
EP30-4 is a good adhesive and bonds well to a variety of substrates including metals, composites, ceramics, glass and many rubbers and plastics. It offers superb electrical insulation properties and can be used for small castings and pottings. This system features good chemical resistance to water, oils and fuels. The color of Parts A and B is clear. EP30-4 also can be used for coating applications, particularly when a clear coating is desirable. It is serviceable over the wide temperature range of -60°F to +250°F. It is most noteworthy for its fast curing and optical clarity. Therefore, EP30-4 can be used in electronic, fiber-optic, optical, specialty OEM and related industrial applications especially where thinner sections of an optically clear epoxy need to cure rapidly.
- Convenient mixing: easy to use mix ratio, two to one by weight
- Fast curing, even in thin sections enabling shorter fixture times
- Excellent optical clarity, superior non-yellowing properties
- Good bond strength to a wide variety of substrates
- Lower viscosity with good electrical insulation properties; excellent potting epoxy for small castings
- Lower shrinkage upon cure
EP30-4 is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.