Flexibilized, two component urethane-modified epoxy system
- Superior toughness
- Ambient temperature curing
- Superb resistance to thermal cycling
- For bonding, sealing, coating and encapsulation
- Urethane-modified epoxy
- Exceptional abrasion resistance
Master Bond EP30D-7 is a versatile two component flexibilized, urethane-modified epoxy featuring superior strength, toughness and abrasion resistance for high performance bonding, sealing, coating and potting applications. It combines the advantageous performance characteristics of epoxy resins such as strength, chemical resistance and adhesive qualities, with those of polyurethanes including toughness, abrasion resistance and flexibility. EP30D-7 is formulated to cure at room temperature or more rapidly at elevated temperatures, with a forgiving 100 to 20 mix ratio by weight. It is 100% reactive and does not contain any solvents or diluents. The EP30D-7 system cures with minimal linear shrinkage to form durable, high strength, toughened bonds. It has superior resistance to thermal cycling as well as thermal and mechanical shocks. EP30D-7 has good resistance to chemicals such as water, fuels and oils. It is serviceable over the wide temperature range of -100°F to +250°F. Its adhesion to metals, glass, ceramics, composites, a variety of plastics and many rubbers is excellent. The cured elastomer is an electrical insulator. The color of Part A is black and Part B amber-clear. EP30D-7 is widely used in the aerospace, electronic, electrical, electro-optic and specialty OEM industries.
- Easy processing: compound flows easily and smoothly, minimal shrinkage upon curing
- Versatile cure schedules: ambient temperature or faster elevated temperature cures as required
- Good bond strength to a wide variety of substrates
- Superb resistance to thermal cycling and shocks
- Excellent electrical insulation properties
- Outstanding abrasion resistance
EP30D-7 is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.