Low viscosity, two component epoxy system with excellent performance and compatibility with polycarbonates, acrylics and glass
- Outstanding optical clarity
- Superb strength profile
- Meets FDA Chapter 1, Section 175.105 for indirect food applications
- Can be utilized for bonding, sealing, coating and encapsulation
Master Bond EP30P is a two component epoxy system with exceptionally affinity for polycarbonates, acrylics and glass. Unlike a number of other kinds of bonding systems, EP30P does not attack or cause stress cracking on these kinds of plastics. This low viscosity system has a forgiving four to one mix ratio by weight. It can cure at room temperature or more rapidly at elevated temperatures. Typically, EP30P will cure in 24-48 hours at ambient temperatures or in 2-3 hours at 150°F. To optimize properties, the recommended cure schedule is overnight at ambient temperatures followed by a post cure at 150°F for 2-3 hours. EP30P is also noteworthy for its transparency and high light transmission. This system also conforms to FDA Chapter 1, Section 175.105 for indirect food applications. Since it is a top notch electrical insulator, it can be used for potting and encapsulating. Along with superior dimensional stability and low shrinkage upon curing, EP30P bonds well to a variety of substrates including metals, composites, ceramics and glass, as well as the plastics mentioned earlier. EP30P has reasonably good chemical resistance to oils, fuels, water and hydraulic fluids. Its service temperature range extends from -60°F to +250°F. Both Parts A and B are transparent so mixing must be done carefully. EP30P is especially useful in optical, fiber-optic, opto-electronic, aerospace and electronic applications particularly when polycarbonates and acrylics are being used.
- Convenient mixing: forgiving four to one ratio by weight
- Lower viscosity, flows easily and readily
- High level of transparency and light transmission
- Well suited for bonding polycarbonates and acrylics, does not induce crazing or stress cracking
- Stellar electrical insulation properties
EP30P is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.