Two component epoxy for potting, bonding, sealing and coating
- High optical clarity
- Electrically insulative
- High strength properties
- Outstanding chemical resistance
- Fast cures at room or elevated temperatures
- Protects against boiling water
Master Bond EP38 is a faster curing, lower viscosity, optically clear two component epoxy system for highperformance bonding, coating, sealing and small encapsulations. The mix ratio is 100:33 by weight. EP38 sets up and cures very quickly; even thinner coatings (0.004-0.005 inches thick) will be tack free in about 3 hours at room temperatures. Additionally, its shrinkage upon curing is exceptionally low. Once cured, EP38 offers superior
optical clarity and a smooth, glossy appearance. It is also very impressive in resisting a wide array of chemicals which will be mentioned in more detail below. One noteworthy feature regarding chemical resistance is its ability to withstand boiling water.
Additionally, EP38 has first rate electrical insulation characteristics. It bonds well to a wide variety of substrates, such as metals, ceramics, glass, composites, many rubbers and plastics. Its physical properties are also favorable, especially its high tensile and compressive strength. The service temperature range is -60°F to +250°F. This highly attractive combination of properties enables EP38 to be used in a variety of aerospace, electronics and optical applications, as well as in tanks, pipes, fittings and other similar OEM and repair applications.
- Easy to apply by roller, brush, spray equipment. Very fast curing, short tack-free time
- Outstanding chemical resistance, including boiling water
- Exceptional optical clarity
- Bonds well to a variety of substrates
- Top-notch electrical insulation properties
- Advantageous physical strength properties as well as low shrinkage upon curing
EP38 is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.