One component epoxy for potting, encapsulation and underfill applications
- Good flow properties
- Thermally conductive and electrically insulating
- Can be cast in thicknesses up to 1 inch
- Withstands 1,000 hours 85°C/85% RH
Master Bond EP3RR-1 is a one component, free flowing epoxy for high performance potting, encapsulation and underfill applications. It offers high mechanical strength properties, outstanding dimensional stability, good thermal conductivity and easy processing. It doesn’t require any mixing, and has unlimited working life at room temperature. The minimum for curing is 250°F; at that temperature, EP3RR-1 will cure in 20-30 minutes. At 300°F, the cure time is 10-15 minutes.
EP3RR-1 does not contain any solvents or diluents. It bonds well to a wide variety of substrates including metals, ceramics, glass and most plastics. It has good resistance to water, oils and fuels. Although it is thermally conductive, it still retains its electrical insulation properties. The service temperature range is -60°F to 350°F. Its natural color is light yellow; other colors are available upon request. EP3RR-1 is primarily used in microelectronics. It functions as an underfill epoxy and can be use in packaging and assembly applications.
- Single component; no mixing needed
- Unlimited working life at room temperature
- Highly dimensionally stable
- Combines thermal conductivity and electrical isolation
- Can be used as an underfill expoy
- Castable in thicknesses up to 1 inch
EP3RR-1 is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.