One component epoxy system for bonding, sealing, potting and encapsulation applications featuring curing temperatures of 175-180°F or higher
- Exceptional dimensional stability
- Thermally conductive & electrically insulating
- Passes NASA low outgassing specifications
- Withstands 1,000 hours 85°C/85% RH
Master Bond EP3RR-80 is a one part epoxy that is particularly compatible for sealing, potting and encapsulation applications. This system, which is not premixed and frozen, has unlimited working life at room temperature. Unlike typical one part epoxies, EP3RR-80 will cure in 45-50 minutes at 175-180°F, or in 25-30 minutes 250°F. Although optimal properties are obtained with the higher temperature cure, the 175-180°F cure provides very good physical strength and electrical insulation values as well. EP3RR-80 has a moderate viscosity with excellent flow. Upon curing, at either temperature, it has outstanding mechanical strength properties and solid dimensional stability. It is a superior thermal conductor, while retaining first class insulation properties. EP3RR-80 can cure in thicker sections up to and beyond a 1/2 inch deep. It bonds well to metals, composites, ceramics, glass and many plastics. EP3RR-80 has good resistance to water, oils, fuels and many other chemicals. The service temperature range is -100°F to +350°F. EP3RR-80 has a yellow-tan color. Simple refrigeration at 40-50°F is all that is needed for storage; freezing is not required nor recommended. EP3RR-80 can be used in electronic, aerospace, specialty OEM and related applications, especially when a non-mix one part system that will cure at 175-180°F is desirable.
- Single component; no mixing, rapid curing
- Unlimited working life at room temperature
- Convenient handling; excellent flow properties
- Lower exotherm while curing
- Superior physical strength and dimensional stability
- Passes fungus resistance MIL-STD-810G
EP3RR-80 is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.