Two component, heat resistant epoxy system for bonding and sealing
- Long-term high temperature structural strength retention
- Superior durability, thermal shock resistance
- Exceptional chemical resistance
- Resists up to +500°F
- Low viscosity
- Long pot life
epoxy system with superb heat resistance, sound physical strength properties and superior chemical resistance. It is relatively easy to handle; its working life is exceedingly long and the viscosity is low. It does not cure at room temperature, but will cure readily at 250-300°F. It bonds well to a wide variety of substrates including metals, composites, ceramics and many plastics. It has high caliber chemical resistance to water, oils, fuels, acids, bases and solvents. The color of Part A is clear and Part B is amber. The service temperature range is -80°F to +500°F.
EP46HT can be used in a number of applications requiring retention of structural strength at high temperatures. It is mostly used in structural bonding particularly filament windings and with composite structures made from glass, polymide and graphite fiber. It is a highly reliable electrical insulator and it is particularly well suited for potting and encapsulating. EP46HT can be used in aerospace, electronic and specialty OEM applications where the product profile mentioned above is highly desirable.
- Long pot life at room temperature
- Lower viscosity, excellent system for high temperature casting and potting
- High bonding strength to many different substrates
- Exceptionally good temperature resistance
- Superior electrical insulation properties
- Outstanding chemical resistance profile
EP46HT was cited in a report by George Jacobsen and Christina Back at General Atomics, San Diego, CA titled "Development of ASTM Standard for SiC-SiC Joint Testing Final Scientific/Technical Report". For more information click here.
EP46HT is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.