Two part high performance epoxy for bonding, sealing, coating and casting
- Glass transition temperature (Tg) of 220°C
- Requires oven curing
- Long working life
- Service temperature range from -100°F to +550°F
- Withstands prolonged exposure to hostile environments
- Withstands 1,000 hours 85°C/85% RH
Master Bond EP46HT-2 is a versatile two component epoxy system that can be used for bonding, sealing, coating and casting. It is most prominent for its temperature resistance along with the capability of withstanding aggressive chemicals. Its service temperature range extends from -100°F to +550°F. It is 100% reactive and does not contain any solvents or diluents. It is formulated to cure rapidly and requires a minimum curing temperature of 250°F; although a variety of cure schedules are possible. It should be noted that the mix ratio is a very forgiving 100 to 30-35 parts by weight. Upon curing, EP46HT-2 has a wide array of impressive physical and mechanical properties. It bonds well to a variety of substrates including metals, composites, ceramics, glass, rubbers and many plastics. One of the more noteworthy attributes of this system is its chemical resistance profile, which includes the ability to withstand many acids, bases, oils, fuels, hydrocarbons and solvents. It is also a very good electrical insulator. Unlike the EP46HT-1 product series, this line is not exothermic and can be used for potting and encapsulation. The color of Part A is clear; the color of Part B is brown. Master Bond EP46HT-2 is primarily used in specialty aerospace, electronic, petrochemical and OEM applications where high temperature resistance and the ability to withstand hostile chemicals is desirable.
- Very forgiving mix ratio
- Long open time at room temperature
- Excellent temperature resistance and thermal stability
- Capable of withstanding disruptive chemicals
- High bonding strength to a wide variety of substrates
- Top notch electrical insulation properties
EP46HT-2 is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.