Two component, ultra fast setting epoxy system for bonding and sealing
- Cryogenic serviceablity
- Reliable electrical insulator
- One to one mix ratio, weight or volume
- Rapid curing — fixture time 7-12 minutes at 75°F
- For repair and high speed production
- Withstands 1,000 hours 85°C/85% RH
Master Bond EP51M is a high performance “3” minute type system featuring very rapid curing and a convenient one to one mix ratio by weight or volume. In a sense EP51M is a faster setting version of the more commonly used standard 5 minute type system such as Master Bond EP51. The difference in curing is pronounced, EP51M has a working life of 3-5 minutes and a fixturing period of 7-12 minutes. Full curing also depends on these parameters and can range from 8-16 hours. Upon polymerization, EP51M has a superior physical strength profile. It offers solid tensile shear strength, fine toughness, along with a reasonably high tensile modulus. It also has sound chemical resistance. Most importantly, EP51M has been successfully used in a number of cryogenic applications over the broad temperature range of 4K to +250°F. It bonds well to a wide array of substrates, including composites, metals, glass, ceramics and many rubbers and plastics. EP51M offers typically superior epoxy type electrically insulative properties. EP51M is available in a wide variety of colors, but its standard color is amber. It can be used in aerospace, specialty OEM and related applications, particularly for repair and high speed production applications. Another excellent fit for using EP51M is for rapid prototyping and selected R&D applications.
- Non-critical one to one mix ratio by weight or volume
- Easy application, adhesive spreads evenly and smoothly
- Fast cure at ambient temperatures
- High bonding strength to a wide variety of substrates
- Available in various viscosities and colors
- Serviceable at cryogenic temperatures down to 4K
EP51M is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.