One component LED curable system for high performance bonding, sealing, coating and encapsulation
- Cures with LED light source, no UV light required
- Cures tack-free without oxygen inhibition
- Excellent physical strength properties
- Withstands 1,000 hours 85°C/85% RH
Master Bond LED401LV is a highly innovative, one part LED type system that cures fully upon exposure to a 405 nm wavelength light source where the presence of any UV light is minimal or incidental. In fact, this unique system will fully cure tack-free without any oxygen inhibition. This breakthrough technology allows LED401LV to be utilized not only as an adhesive, but as a sealant, coating and encapsulation material. This remarkable system can cure in sections up to and beyond 1/8 inch thick upon exposure to the LED light. Since it is a LED curable system, it is intrinsically safer than one requiring UV light for polymerization, as LED light emitting sources are generally considered to be less hazardous and more user friendly than their comparable UV counterparts. Master Bond LED401LV requires no mixing and will cure rapidly, with the speed of cure dependent upon the intensity of the light source, the thickness of the layer and the distance of the light source from the material being cured. Realistically, the light intensity should be 1-4 watts/cm2. Master Bond strongly advises end users to consult with their light source provider to ascertain the best LED for their particular application, along with details on the wavelength being emitted by the light source. In thinner sections, full cures can be achieved in 15-30 seconds (sometimes less than that), while thicker sections require longer cure times. It also bonds well to glass, polycarbonates and acrylics, along with other plastics and metals. It has excellent optical clarity and light transmission properties, with a very slight amber tint. Additionally, the formulation is solvent-free. Other versions of this product are available with different viscosities and with an opaque white color.
- Outstanding optical clarity; excellent light transmission
- Very good dimensional stability
- High bond strength with superior adhesion to surface treated metals, glass and many plastics
- Superb electrical insulation properties
- High viscosity yet maintains flowability
- Very good chemical resistance to water, many acids, bases and oils
LED401LV is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.