Toughened, two component epoxy system for bonding, sealing and coating
- Outstanding thermal cycling properties
- Superior temperature resistance
- Impressive electrical insulator
- Smooth and even flow
- High strength properties
- Very long working life
Master Bond Supreme 46HT-2 is a two component epoxy system featuring an appealing array of high performance properties including superior temperature resistance, very good shear and peel strengths and stellar thermal cycling properties. It is especially useful as a structural bonding agent. It has a notable temperature resistance range of -100°F to +500°F.
Supreme 46HT-2 requires elevated temperature curing at a minimum of 250°F. The mix ratio is 100 to 35 by weight and is relatively forgiving. Supreme 46HT-2 bonds well to similar and dissimilar substrates including metals, ceramics, glass, composites and many plastics. It withstands exposure to a variety of chemicals including water, many acids, bases, solvents, fuels and oils. It is a top notch electrical insulator. As mentioned previously, it is well designed for bonding dissimilar substrates and withstands mechanical shocks and resists rigorous thermal cycling. The color of Part A is tan and the color of Part B is brown. Supreme 46HT-2 would be most commonly used in aerospace, electronic, specialty OEM applications where excellent adhesion, impressive temperature resistance and splendid thermal cycling capabilities are required.
- Non-critical 100 to 35 mix ratio by weight
- Easily applied; smooth and even flow; contact pressure only required for cure
- Exceptionally long pot life at room temperature
- High bonding strength to similar and dissimilar substrates with very good peel strength
- Exemplary thermal shock and cycling capabilities
- Solid electrical insulation properties
Supreme 46HT-2 is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.