UV system for high performance bonding, sealing, coating and encapsulation
- Convenient handling
- Superior optical clarity
- Excellent flexibility
- Receptive to repairability
- Moderate viscosity
- Exceptionally fast curing
Master Bond UV14-3 is a one component, medium viscosity, UV curable polymer system for bonding, sealing, coating and encapsulation that is tough and flexible. While the system has very good physical strength properties, it is more receptive to repairability than most other systems. UV14-3 is acceptable to breakdown when exposed to solvents such as acetone and MEK. As long as it is not exposed to these chemicals, UV14-3 has many desirable characteristics. It bonds well to a wide variety of substrates, especially to glass, acrylics, polycarbonates and many metals. Its flexibility allows it to withstand rigorous thermal cycling. UV14-3 is a very good thermal and electrical insulator. The service temperature range for this system is -60°F to +250°F.
Master Bond UV14-3 generally cures readily in 10-30 seconds when exposed to a UV light source emitting at a wavelength of 320-365 nm with an energy output as low as 20-40 milliwatts/cm². The rate of cure depends upon the system’s distance from the light source, the thickness of the section and of course the intensity of the light source. It should be noted that the system can cure in sections approaching 1/4 inch thick. However, when bonding, sections of a few thousandths of an inch are more than adequate. Most importantly UV14-3 does not display oxygen inhibition. UV14-3 is particularly useful in fiberoptic, optical, electronic, aerospace and specialty OEM applications where fast curing, flexibility and a degree of repairability are desirable.
- One component system; no mixing needed
- Exceptionally fast cure upon exposure to a UV light source at ambient temperatures
- No oxygen inhibition while curing; no special inert atmosphere required
- Superior electrical and thermal insulator
- High flexibility; capable of withstanding rigorous thermal cycling and thermal shocks
- Outstanding optical clarity; excellent light transmission
- More readily removable by solvents than most systems, allowing for exceptional reworkability
UV14-3 is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.