One part UV system with superior chemical resistance for high performance bonding, sealing, coating and encapsulation
- Dual curing; UV light followed by heat
- Will cure in “shadowed out” areas
- Can cure up to 1/8 inch thick
- Enhanced toughness and durability
Master Bond UV15-7DCNV is a one component, dual cure UV system for high performance bonding, sealing, coating and encapsulation applications. This system features a primary cure utilizing UV light and a secondary cure that requires heating for curing “shadowed out” sections that are not exposed to UV light. The heat required for polymerization is 250-300°F for 15-30 minutes. The UV part of the curing system is most often used for fixturing with the heat curing cycle being added to complete the cure. UV15-7DCNV has low shrinkage upon cure.
UV15-7DCNV has noteworthy physical strength properties, good light transmission and superior non-yellowing stability. It bonds well to a wide variety of substrates, including glass, metals and many high temperature plastics. This system has good resistance to chemicals such as water, acids, bases and fuels. UV15-7DCNV offers excellent toughness and withstands thermal cycling. It is a stalwart electrical insulator. Its service temperature range is from -80°F to +300°F.
UV15-7DCNV is 100% reactive and does not contain any solvents or other volatiles. The UV part of the cure is not oxygen inhibited and cures readily in 10-30 seconds when exposed to a UV light source emitting at a wavelength of 320-365 nm with an energy output as low as 20-40 milliwatts/cm². The rate of cure depends upon the compound’s distance from the light source, the thickness of the section and, of course, the intensity of the light source. As far as the heat curing mechanism, the elevated temperature must reach a minimum of 250°F. This system can be used in optical, fiber-optic, electronic, laser, microelectronic and semiconductor applications.
- One component system; no mixing required
- Possesses a dual curing mechanism of UV light and heat
- System capable of rapid fixturing with UV light and curing in “shadowed out” areas by heat
- Bonds well to a wide variety of substrates
- Excellent physical strength and electrical insulation properties
- Can be used selectively for potting up to 1/8 inch thick
UV15-7DCNV is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.