One component, UV curable system for bonding, sealing, coating and encapsulating
- Outstanding chemical resistance
- Excellent light transmission
- No air inhibition while curing
- High bond strength
Master Bond UV18S is a special UV system for bonding, coating and sealing featuring superb chemical resistance, excellent physical strength properties and toughness. UV18S cures readily in 20-30 seconds when exposed to a UV light source emitting at a wavelength of 320-365 nm with an energy output as low as 20-40 milliwatts per cm². The rate of cure depends upon the compound’s distance from the light source, the thickness of the section and of course the intensity of the light source. It should be noted that the system can cure in sections up to 0.080-0.125 inches. However, when bonding, sections of a few thousandths of an inch are more than adequate. Master Bond UV18S is not oxygen inhibited and therefore does not require any special treatment in that regard. It bonds well to glass, surface treated metals and plastics such as polycarbonates and acrylics, among others. UV18S is not only effective for bonding applications; it can also be used as a coating or sealant. It offers very good temperature resistance and has exceptionally low shrinkage upon curing. Its forte is robust chemical resistance to a number of aggressive chemicals (listed in the chart below). The system does not contain any solvents or volatiles and none are released during cure. Its service temperature range is -60°F to +250°F. UV18S is an outstanding electrical insulator. Ideal for high production applications where fast fixture times and rapid curing are critical, UV18S is widely used in fiber-optic, optical, electronic and related industries.
- One component system; no mixing needed; ready to use as supplied
- Exceptionally fast cure upon exposure to a UV light source at ambient temperatures
- No air inhibition while curing; no special inert atmosphere required
- Good electrical insulator
- High bond strength; excellent adhesion to surface treated metals, glass and many plastics
- Outstanding chemical resistance (see below)
- Outstanding optical clarity; excellent light transmission
UV18S is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.