Two part, very low viscosity epoxy for bonding, sealing, potting and filament winding
- Room temperature curing epoxy
- Low viscosity
- Long working life
- Low exotherm
- Optically clear
- Used in large encapsulation applications
Master Bond EP29LP is a two part, high performance epoxy system featuring low viscosity, exceptionally low exotherm and a very long pot life. It has a convenient two to one mix ratio by weight and is formulated to cure at room temperature or faster at elevated temperatures. The working life of a 100 gram mass is greater than 10 hours and when mixing 1 pound, the working life exceeds 5 hours. The extraordinarily long open time is due to the system generating very little heat upon mixing. EP29LP has a formidable array of outstanding physical properties along with superb optical clarity and light transmission. It is a top notch electrical insulator and is ideally suited for moderate to larger castings. It offers superior resistance to a wide range of chemicals including water, acids, bases, oils and fuels. This system also features low shrinkage upon cure. Although it cures rigid, it has reasonably good impact resistance. It bonds well to a wide variety of substrates including metals, ceramics, glass, optical fibers, polyimide, graphite and many rubbers and plastics. The service temperature range is -60°F to +250°F. This system is 100% reactive and does not contain any solvents or diluents. Its long open time, low exotherm and electrical insulation profile allows it to be used in large encapsulations and for filament winding applications. It is widely used in a variety of industries including aerospace, electronic, optical, fiberoptic, specialty OEM and others.
- Convenient, non-critical two to one mix ratio by weight
- Very low viscosity, exceptionally long working life
- Superior physical strength profile
- Notable electrical insulation characteristics; ideal for larger potting and encapsulation applications
- Exquisite optical clarity
- Desirable adhesive for composites, optical fiber, fiber reinforced materials
- Exceptionally low shrinkage upon curing
EP29LP is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.