Engineers requiring an adhesive for extreme environments, that can resist prolonged, high and low temperatures, should know about Master Bond Supreme 45HTQ. This system also withstands rigorous thermal cycling and resists abrasion. Watch this video to learn more and how it may be suitable for your application.
Two component epoxy system for bonding, sealing and casting
- High temperature resistant
- Outstanding compressive strength
- Strength retention at elevated temperatures
- Superior abrasion resistance
- Exceptional chemical resistance
- Withstands 1,000 hours 85°C/85% RH
Master Bond Supreme 45HTQ is a two component, toughened, quartz filled epoxy for high performance bonding, sealing and casting. This very special system is widely used in a variety of downhole and other oil processing applications, as well as industrial chemical manufacturing. Its most outstanding property is its exceptional chemical resistance, even at elevated temperatures. Supreme 45HTQ’s service temperature range is from -60°F to +450°F with retention of properties at high temperatures being meritorious. It also possesses striking abrasion resistance. It is 100% reactive and does not contain any solvents or diluents. Supreme 45HTQ has an easy to use 100:30 mix ratio by weight and requires oven curing at 250-350°F. Since it requires heat curing, this system’s working life is very long, ranging between 12-24 hours at room temperature. Supreme 45HTQ has top flight chemical resistance to petrochemicals, acids, bases, solvents and many related compounds, especially those seen downhole. It has sterling flow properties, first rate electrical insulation values and can be cast in larger sections—many inches in depth. It bonds well to a wide variety of substrates, including metals, composites, ceramics and many rubbers and plastics. Supreme 45HTQ is formulated to withstand rigorous thermal cycling. Additional noteworthy properties include distinguished dimensional stability and low shrinkage upon cure. The color of Part A is tan and Part B is tan to brown. Supreme 45HTQ is widely used in oil processing, chemical, aerospace, specialty OEM and related applications.
- Exceptionally long pot life at room temperature; easily applied for bonding, sealing and casting
- Peerless chemical resistance especially to an oil related environment
- High temperature resistance and good strength retention properties at elevated temperature
- Good abrasion resistance
- Superlative dimensional stability
- Very high compressive strength
Supreme 45HTQ is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.