Master Bond EP3HT and EP3HTMed are single component epoxy systems that offer incredibly simple processing with no mixing, unlimited working lives and rapid curing at elevated temperatures. Both the standard and medical grade versions deliver high shear strengths, impressive dimensional stability, temperature resistance up to 400°F and superior thermal and electrical insulator. EP3HTMed also meets USP Class VI requirements and is able to withstand autoclaving, chemical sterilants, radiation and EtO.
Jessica works in a large manufacturing firm with multiple divisions. She is currently working on a an electronic component assembly for an aircraft and was looking for an epoxy that was easy to use and offered:
- High shear strength
- Superior dimensional stability
- Temperature resistance up to 400°F
- Excellent thermal and electrical insulation properties.
She contacted the experts at Master Bond who worked with her to determine that EP3HT fit the bill in every way. As a single component system, EP3HT is exceptionally easy to handle and:
- Requires no mixing
- Cures rapidly at elevated temperatures
- Can be stored at ambient temperatures or in a refrigerator
- Has an unlimited working life at room temperature.
This high strength system also delivers:
- Resistance to a variety of chemicals
- Good adhesion to similar and dissimilar substrates.
Jessica mentioned how happy she was with EP3HT to her co-worker Philip who is a design engineer in the company's medical division. He was thrilled to discover that Master Bond offers a medical grade version of EP3HT called EP3HTMed. In addtion to the outstanding properties featured in EP3HT, this epoxy:
- Meets USP Class VI specifications
- Resists autoclaving, chemical sterilants, radiation and EtO sterilization.
For more information on the EP3HT series, contact our technical representatives.