Adhesives, Sealants and Coatings for Composite Applications
Master Bond produces a variety of high performance adhesives for the assembly of composite products. Master Bond’s thermosetting polymers create durable, strong bonds and offer enhanced capabilities in extreme environments. They are easy to apply and are available for use in a wide range of cure speeds.
Properties of Master Bond’s Composite Adhesive Products
Master Bond’s epoxy resin formulations bond to a large variety of substrates including metals, glass, ceramics, rubbers and plastics. Specific grades offer:
- Resistance to thermal cycling
- Cryogenic shock resistance
- Low shrinkage
- Electrical insulation
- Resistance to chemicals
- Mechanical shock resistance
- Serviceability in extreme temperatures
Typical Applications for Composite Adhesives
- Aerospace components
- Storage tanks
- Launch vehicles
- Racing cars
- Orthopedic devices
- Fishing rods
Master Bond is a member of the Society for the Advancement of Material & Process Engineering.
Most Popular Products for Composite Applications
- Supreme 10HT
- One part structural epoxy with high bond strength and excellent adhesion to similar and dissimilar substrates, especially composite materials. Requires oven curing at 250-300°F.
- Supreme 33CLV
- Two component, room temperature curing structural epoxy system. Excellent bonding properties. Superior thermal cycling capabilities. Convenient one to one mix ratio by volume.
- Two part, room temperature curing epoxy with excellent resistance to acids, bases and solvents. Bonds well to composites, metals and plastics.