Master Bond's thermally conductive adhesives offer superior heat dissipation for a wide range of electronic applications. Both one and two component systems are available for use. They include epoxies, silicones and elastomeric products. Special formulations designed for unusual service conditions are also available.
Performance Properties of Master Bond's Thermally Conductive Compounds
Master Bond is at the forefront of developing thermally conductive compounds with superior performance properties for challenging electronic applications. Among the most important properties are:
- Superior electrical insulation
- Chemical resistance
- Vibration and impact resistance
- Cryogenic serviceability
- NASA low outgassing approval
- Halogen free
Master Bond has also developed products with enhanced heat dissipation properties that also offer electrical conductivity. Most noteworthy are nickel, silver coated nickel and silver filled products. These compounds contain a variety of fillers in different particle sizes and are designed for easy dispensing with standard application equipment.
Common Applications Featuring Thermally Conductive Adhesives
Thermally conductive formulations are used for bonding, potting and encapsulation applications in a wide variety of industries. Some specific applications include:
- Heat sink bonding
- Potting/encapsulating sensors
- BGA die heat spreader interface
- Chip scale packages
- Power semiconductors
Our Most Popular Thermally Conductive Adhesive Formulations
- B-staged film adhesive/sealant. Outstanding thermal cycling capabilities and structural properties. Offers superior toughness and flexibility. Excellent strength retention at elevated temperatures.
- Thermally conductive potting and bonding epoxy that meets NASA low outgassing specifications. Cures rigid and tough.
- For potting and bonding applications. Good thermal conductivity. Cures flexible. Meets NASA low outgassing certification. Cryogenically serviceable.
- General purpose, flexibilized epoxy with high thermal conductivity. Widely used for bonding dissimilar substrates.
- NASA low outgassing certified, high temperature resistant, thermally conductive epoxy. Cryogenically serviceable. Halogen free.
- Supreme 10AOHT
- One part, no mix, thermally conductive epoxy adhesive/sealant. Unlimited working life at room temperature. Oven cures at 250-300°F. Excellent physical properties. Halogen free. Exceptional performance.