Inorganic aqueous based sodium silicate adhesives/coatings feature convenient application, cost effectiveness and dependability. These single component compounds require no mixing and form rigid bonds. They adhere well to a wide variety of substrates including glass, metals, ceramics, composites and most plastics. Generically referred to as water glass, these products are odorless, non-flammable and are noted for their exceptional temperature resistance properties.
Benefits of Sodium Silicate Systems
- Water-based systems
- Environmentally friendly
- Room temperature or heat curable
- Superior dimensional stability
- Moisture resistant
- Outstanding thermal stability
Electrically insulative and electrically conductive grades are available for use.
Most Popular Sodium Silicate System
- Environmentally safe, water soluble, one part system. Thermal stability up to +1,500°F. Outstanding strength, dimensional stability and electrical insulation properties. Completely odorless, non-toxic and non-flammable. Cures obtained at moderately elevated temperatures.
- Aqueous based sodium silicate system. One component, silver filled formulation. Highly effective moisture barrier. Bonds well to a wide variety of substrates. Temperature resistance up to 700°F.