Master Bond offers an extensive line of epoxies and UV curing systems for use in fiber optics devices. These products provide superior bonding strength and excellent optical clarity. Master Bond’s adhesives contain no potentially objectionable contaminants and exhibit excellent resistance to corrosion and adverse environmental conditions.
Applications of Master Bond’s Fiber Optics Adhesive Systems
Master Bond fiber optics compounds are used as adhesives, sealants and coatings in different fiber optics devices. Common applications include:
- Sealing fibers into ferrules
- Bonding optical fibers into connectors
- Potting fiber bundles
- Bonding fiber optic bundles into ferrules
- Splices and field repairs
- V-groove array assemblies
Advantages and Important Adhesive Selection Criteria for Fiber Optic Systems
- Long pot life
- High glass transition temperature
- NASA low outgassing approved
- Low shrinkage
- Superior optical transmission
- 1,000 hours of exposure to 85°C/85% humidity
- Dual Cure (UV/heat curable) systems
- Environmentally friendly, solvent free systems
Most Popular Adhesives for the Fiber Optics Industry
- Optically clear epoxy. Designed for high performance fiber optics bonding, coating, potting and encapsulation applications. Exceptionally low viscosity and high spectral transmittance.
- Rapid curing two component epoxy system. Low viscosity. Optically clear and non-yellowing. Superior chemical resistance. Superb electrical insulation properties.
- One component, UV curable epoxy system. Forms strong bonds, coatings, seals and castings with superior chemical resistance. Excellent resistance to heat and moisture.