You are here
Low Stress Adhesives, Sealants and Coatings
Master Bond offers an extensive line of stress absorbing adhesives with low modulus of elasticity and superior elongation properties. The special properties of these products allow them to dissipate stress and prevent cracking and fractures even in fragile materials.
Applications of Master Bond’s Low Stress Compounds
Master Bond's low stress adhesives are primarily used in optical, electro-optical, electronic, fiber-optic and photonic applications. These products are required when there is a large discrepancy between the thermal expansion coefficients of different materials, which can lead to cracking and delaminating when the materials are subjected to thermal cycling.
Properties of Master Bond’s Stress Dissipating Adhesive Systems
Master Bond’s low stress compounds adhere to metals, glass, ceramics, rubbers and most plastics. Specific grades offer:
- Low shrinkage
- Low outgassing
- Humidity and chemical resistance
- Resistance to vibration, impact and shock
- Resistance to thermal cycling
- Electrical insulation
- Thermal conductivity
- Electrical conductivity
- Thermal stability
Most Popular Low Stress Adhesives, Sealants, Coatings and Potting/Encapsulation Compounds
- Super Gel 9AO
- Shore A hardness 20-30. Low exotherm. Dimensional stability. Impressive thermal conductivity. Superior electrical insulation properties. Room temperature curing.
- MasterSil 151
- Two component, low viscosity silicone compound. Used for high performance casting, potting and encapsulation of solar cells.
- One component, high viscosity, no mix system. Highly flexible. Outstanding abrasion resistance. Meets USP Class VI requirements.
- UV curable urethane elastomer system. High flexibility. Elongation over 260%. One component, no mix system. Volume resistivit >1012 ohm-cm. Fast curing.