Increased competition, stricter government regulatory requirements and rapidly changing electronic technology has heightened the need for improved polymer formulations. Master Bond has placed a special emphasis on developing compounds offering enhanced serviceability in extreme temperatures, moisture/chemical resistance, durability and superior mechanical strength properties.
Typical Applications for Master Bond Automotive Electronic Compounds
Special epoxy, silicone, polyurethane, polysulfide and UV cure systems have been designed to withstand exposure to harsh automotive environments and are used in:
- Engine control units
- Anti-lock brake systems (ABS)
- Climate controls
- Transmission control units
- Navigation systems
- Vehicle stability control
- Instrument panels
- Sensors, detector and connectors
- Vision systems
- Security devices
- Battery monitoring systems
Properties of Master Bond Adhesives, Sealants, Coating and Potting/Encapsulation Compounds for Automotive Electronics
Research and development has led to the emergence of new formulas offering enhanced resistance to vibration, impact and thermal shock. Specific grades feature:
- High Tg
- Low CTE
- Low stress
- Thermal conductivity
- Electrical conductivity
- Abrasion resistance
- Fast cures
- Low outgassing
- Flame retardancy per UL 94V-0
- Convenient, easy processing
Flexible Design Solutions for Automotive Engineers
A diverse range of Master Bond electronic grade eco-friendly materials including films/preforms, pastes and free flowing self leveling compounds are engineered to lower manufacturing costs/speed productivity. They play a vital role in the assembly of vehicles that improve comfort, ride/handling, fuel efficiency and passenger safety. These products meet the exacting, ever changing needs of automakers for:
- Conformal coating
- Thermal management
- EMI/RFI shielding
- Mechanical attachment
- Electrical connections
- Stress dissipation
Most Popular Adhesive Compounds for Automotive Electronic Applications
- Supreme 11AOHT
- Thermally conductive, electrically insulative epoxy adhesive. High peel and shear strength properties. Resists up to 400°F. Non-drip system.
- Highly flexible, silver coated/nickel filled epoxy system. T-pee
>20 pli. Low volume resistivity. High bond strength to similar and dissimilar substrates. Resists exposure to thermal cycling.
- High performance, silver filled epoxy adhesive film system with outstanding electrical and thermal conductivity, superior mechanical strength, convenient handling, good storage stability and fast cures at moderate temperatures.
- Supreme 10HTS
- Silver filled system with excellent electrical conductivity and high physical strength properties. One part, heat cured (250-300°F) epoxy. Wide range of serviceability from cryogenic temperatures up to 400°F. Meets NASA low outgassing specifications. Can be applied without sagging or dripping, even on vertical surfaces.
- Potting, encapsulation, casting compound meets UV 94V-0 flame retardant specifications. Convenient one to one mix ratio by weight. Features a non-halogen filler. Superb flow properties. Outstanding electrical insulation characteristics.